Saturday, April 13, 2013

Craft Caddy #2

Hi and Good Morning!  Happy Saturday too!

Today I am posting another Craft Caddy that I made.  When my youngest daughter saw my first one she wanted to take it home...no I said it took me too long to make and I love it!!!  Well after giving it some thought I decided to make a second one and give it to her as a surprise...

The Craft Caddy is by Kaiser Craft and is covered using Prima Papers and Embellishments from the Fairy Rhymes Collection.  The Caddy comes in pieces and is unpainted.  I first painted all of the pieces using Americana Warm White, which took three coats to cover completely.  Then I used One Step Crackle by Deco Art and when dry I stained it using Staining Antiquing Medium by Americana mixed with Martha Stewart Lake Fog, which is kind of a taupe color.  After I finished all of this I sealed every piece using Krylon Satin Finish...unfortunately I dropped the bottom piece and chipped the corner.  When I tried to repaint it, crackle it and stain it, the broken corner looked like a different color so to hide that piece I covered the bottom piece with paper and you can't even tell it has a booboo. Haha!!!

I also used Prima Butterflies, Brads and Flowers.  Some of the other embellishments were from Recollections, BoBunny, The Paper Studio, Maya Road, Pink Paislee, Zuma Crafts, Little Yellow Bicycle, Petaloo, Art Mind Wood Tags, Tim Holtz, Ranger and lots of Lace, Ribbon, Gems, Hat Pins, Charms, & Tulle from my stash.  As you can see from the pictures there are so many embellishments I got lost keeping track which is why I don't have everything listed separately...it was just too much to keep track of!  If you decide to make one for yourself, you can just use anything you have available for the decorations...it's all up to you and what you like!

Here are the pictures of it... my daughter really liked the first one so I think I'll keep this one and give the other to her.  My post before this one is the original Craft Caddy that I made, if you want to take a look just scroll down to the other post!

Side 1

End 1

End 2

Side 2

Top View



Thanks so much for stopping by...

See you again soon...

Hugs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not show on this blog until after I have approved them...this is to avoid unwanted spammed comments...Thank You for your understanding!